Along with the new and shiny Nokia N97 Nokia also announced a new version of Nokia Maps. Nokia Maps 3.0 has several improvements and new features like speed limit warners, 3D landmarks for 216 cities can be displayed in 3D or 2D map mode. It shall work on all S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 2 devices except the N96.
- Enhanced car navigation, Drive*, through lane assistance, speed limit warners, improved sign post design and new ‘Route overview’ mode during navigation,
- Enhanced pedestrian navigation, Walk**, through shortcuts (virtual connections) in urban areas, straight line guidance for off-road terrain and beeps and vibrations before next turn,
- Significantly improved map data quality and content,
- 3D landmarks for over 200 cities – can be displayed in 3D and 2D map modes,
- New Terrain*** map mode,
- Hi-res aerial images for Satellite*** and Hybrid*** map modes,
- Nokia Maps Updater for PC, to update your Maps application and existing map data,
- Synchronisation of Favourites and Collections with MapsBeta on Ovi and vice versa (use in online mode, enable Internet connection).
Source: Nokia Beta Labs