Nokia N97’s firmware just has been updated to version 11.0.021. This is the first firmware update for the flagship device. As v.10.0.012 had a couple of glitches, v.11.0.021 is the first attempt to fix them. The update should be available via the Nokia Software Updater as well as Over the Air. However, this is still not the big update you all have been waiting for so that we need to wait until the big update is coming out. Anyway, the UI is a bit smoother and changing the orientation looks ways better. Further changes can be found below. However, there are still some glitches in the browser. Currently the firmware isn’t available for all product codes.
USB detection error fix:
- PC does not detect N97 or USB charging connection not detected.
- Home screen online/offline widget crash fix
- Fix for “Alphabetical and Number input are mixed in facebook until end key is pressed.
- Widget UI improvement – New facebook widget fixes a problem of Home Screen background visible on soft-key area.
- Browser fixes to improve widgets stability.
MfE related fixes:
- Partial fix for Messaging/calendar entry lost.
- Mail for exchange calendar entry synchronization error fix.
UI transition error fixes (Portrait <-> landscape transition, there is a home screen corruption.)
- UI transition (Slowness and bad effects)
- Slow Touch UI response
- Picture of the device lock appears half of the screen when transitioning the UI sometimes
- Landscape: in some cases the soft buttons on touch (right hand) show the Home Screen in background (install maps.google.com)
Photos thumbnail performance and stability improvements:
- Device performance deteriorates when lots of content in the device – especially photos
- Partial fix no display backlight illumination when unlocking lock-key – CAP Genius reported already
- New version of Accueweather to improve the “Connection error” situation
- Device reset when browsing with high speed packet access (for Malaysia)
- “Browser soft key UI doesn’t work after putting Chinese character with qwerty keyboard”
- Java fixes (TCK, Pre-install app disappearing, *#7370#*)
- Operator fixes (CMCC, Hutchson and Telefonica, Vodafone)
- Ovi store client now embedded in the core image