The Nokia N97 has received a new Firmware version and is now v11.0.021. Many users trying updating their Nokia N97 reported that they received the massage that no update is available. I also tried updating my N97 Over-The-Air (OTA) and indeed I received the same message. Yesterday, however, I’ve connected the N97 to my PC and using the Nokia Software Updater I could update from v10.0.012 to v11.0.021. As always we recommend updating the firmware. Featuring UDP you don’t need to backup all your date. However, saving the data from time to time would be useful. Changes I noticed in the first minutes are just new Icons for some apps. Further changes can be found in the changelog. So, if you cannot update your firmware over the air use the Nokia Software Updater which is of course for free.
USB detection error fix:
- PC does not detect N97 or USB charging connection not detected.
- Home screen online/offline widget crash fix
- Fix for “Alphabetical and Number input are mixed in facebook until end key is pressed.
- Widget UI improvement – New facebook widget fixes a problem of Home Screen background visible on soft-key area.
- Browser fixes to improve widgets stability.
MfE related fixes:
- Partial fix for Messaging/calendar entry lost.
- Mail for exchange calendar entry synchronization error fix.
UI transition error fixes (Portrait <-> landscape transition, there is a home screen corruption.)
- UI transition (Slowness and bad effects)
- Slow Touch UI response
- Picture of the device lock appears half of the screen when transitioning the UI sometimes
- Landscape: in some cases the soft buttons on touch (right hand) show the Home Screen in background (install maps.google.com)
Photos thumbnail performance and stability improvements:
- Device performance deteriorates when lots of content in the device – especially photos
- Partial fix no display backlight illumination when unlocking lock-key – CAP Genius reported already
- New version of Accueweather to improve the “Connection error” situation
- Device reset when browsing with high speed packet access (for Malaysia)
- “Browser soft key UI doesn’t work after putting Chinese character with qwerty keyboard”
- Java fixes (TCK, Pre-install app disappearing, *#7370#*)
- Operator fixes (CMCC, Hutchson and Telefonica, Vodafone)
- Ovi store client now embedded in the core image