The Nokia N86 8MP revolutionises mobile phone photography and could possibly be the best camera phone on the market to date. Winner of the 2009 TIPA Best Mobile Imaging Device; the new Nokia N86 8MP has a f/2.8 Carl Zeiss wide-angle lens and an 8 megapixel sensor, representing a new step forward in mobile photography. The device sports centre weighted exposure, 1/1000 sec shutter speed, multimode flash and several scene modes with macro down to 10cm, not to mention it’s advanced communication and location technologies.
The dual slider mobile computer supports WCDMA/HSDPA, EGSM, and WLAN. You can enjoy videos, music, and graphics on the beautiful packaged 2.6” Active Matrix OLED display. You can also find directions and locations with the integrated GPS. Additional features include Flash lite 3.1, USB charging with simultaneous data transfer, UPnP and TV out.
The Nokia N86 8MP Specs:
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 900/1900/2100 MHz, HSDPA 3.6 Mbps.
- Form factor: Dual-Slide Design.
- Dimensions: 103.4 x 51.4 x 16.5 mm.
- Display: 2.6″, 16M Colors, QVGA AMOLED Display With A Scratch Resistant Hardened Glass Surface.
- Memory: 8GB Built In Storage With Expandable MicroSD Card Slot (Up To 16GB).
- OS: Symbian OS 9.3, S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 2.
- Platform: ARM 11 434 MHz processor, 128MB RAM.
- Camera: 8 Megapixel, Auto Focus Camera With Dual LED Flash, Wide 28mm Carl Zeiss Lens, Variable Aperture, Mechanical Shutter, Geo-Tagging, Time-Lapse Shooting and VGA@30fps Video Recording.
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth With A2DP, Standard MicroUSB Port, Standard 3.5mm Audio Jack With TV Out And A GPS Receiver With Assisted-GPS.
- Misc: Accelerometer For Multiple Functions, Active Kickstand, FM Radio With RDS, FM Transmitter, Digital Compass, Dedicated Gaming Keys And Stills Image Editor.
- Nokia N86 8MP (RM-484)
- Sync & Charge MicroUSB Cable (CA-101)
- 1200mAh Battery (BL-5K)
- In-Ear Headphones (HS-83)
- Headset Remote (AD-54)
- MicroUSB Travel Charger (AC-10E)
- Ovi Suite CD
- N-Gage Activation Code
The launch of the Nokia N86 has been overshadowed with big brother N97 and it has been overlooked by many people. With the new form factor and touch enabled capabilities the N97 is a tough competition, however the smaller, slimmer and better equipped N86 may just be the perfect device for you. My first impressions are that the build quality of the device is solid and materials used in the construction of the device are perfect. It is a very stylish handset and fits perfectly in the palm. The weight is also ideal, any lighter and it would have felt like a toy. The slider has a more satisfying feel than previous dual sliders however it still moves about slightly in the closed position. Other than that, I am very impressed with the device and have added a few images below. A detailed review will be up soon so stay tuned.