Nokia has released an update for the Ovi Suite 2.0. The service is still in beta and the update brings along many welcomed bug fixes and much needed improvements. It is still a long way away from graduating from the Beta Labs, however some key issues have been addressed with the new update. Funnily enough the update takes the Ovi Suite from v4.7.0 to v4.64.0, the first update that has a lower version number than the original.
Some of the major issues fixed in this update are listed below:
- Music tracks can now be removed from Nokia Ovi Suite without them being deleted from the file system.
- Music sync related fixes. When syncing all music to device, the tracks which already exist in device are automatically ignored. This improves performance.
- Manual copying photos from a device to Nokia Ovi Suite works now.
- Many syncing related bug fixes.
- Map deletion related crash fixed.
- Improvements in contact editing and saving.
- We added links to Nokia Betalabs Nokia Ovi Suite page and discussion forum into Nokia Ovi Suite 2.0 home view, so you can conveniently go reporting your issues into Nokia Betalabs.
- Localization for many more languages. You can see the full list here.
It is also a good idea for users to share thoughts and offer suggestions in the Nokia Ovi Suite discussion forum, or submit error reports and suggestions to Nokia privately.
Source: Nokia Betalabs