A new application has been released from Nokia Beta Labs. Device Status collect important data from your phone and PC and shows all important details like IMEI or FW. Rafe from Allaboutsymbian already tested it. Jump over to read his article or download the app here.
Nokia Device Status is a self-diagnosis tool that allows you to collect detailed system information both from your PC and your S60 device. Your current device configuration and phone settings are presented in a detailed summary, which you can use to determine the exact cause, if you run into problems.
With Nokia Device Status, you can save all the collected information to a file, and you can send the file to customer care services for closer inspection and analysis.
Collected data from your PC includes:
- Operating system
- Language of the operating system vs. that of Nokia PC Suite
- Version of Nokia PC Suite currently installed on your PC
- Drivers required to connect your phone to your PC
- Local time zone
- Log files created by Nokia PC Suite
- Regional and language settings
Collected data from your phone includes:
- Device model
- IMEI code of the phone
- Device memory and any available memory card
- Profiles and themes used on the phone
- Locations used to store data on the phone
After installation, you can access the application both from your phone and from your PC.
We are evaluating the possibilities for integrate Nokia Device Status with Nokia customer care, so tell us what you think – all improvement suggestions are warmly welcome!
Before installation, please remove possible earlier versions from your PC and your phone. Also, make sure that you have Nokia PC Suite (6.84 or newer) or Nokia Nseries PC Suite installed on your PC.
Download the file, launch it from your PC, and follow instructions