The Ovi Mail team has just released Ovi Mail 2.0, with which your Ovi Mail contacts and Ovi Contacts are merged into a single contacts list. You can view, edit, delete or create your contacts from Ovi Contacts or Ovi Mail. You can also sync your device phonebook with Ovi Contacts and Ovi Mail.
The following use case is now supported with the changes in Ovi Mail 2.0:
Save a contact and view from device:
- User opens an email from a friend in Ovi Mail on the web and sends a reply back
- Ovi Mail shows a dialog box asking if he wants to add the person to his address book. User says yes and fills in the entries and clicks on ‘Add contact’
- Within a few minutes, the new contact appears in Ovi Contacts on the web because Ovi Mail now is integrated with Ovi Contacts
- User decides to sync his phone to get the newly added contact on his phone. User can either initiate a sync from device or from Ovi Contacts on the web to sync his contacts
- After the sync completes, user views the Phonebook on the device and the name of the friend and the newly added email address appear in the Phonebook on the phone
You can download the new Ovi Mail 2.0 here.