Mark your calendars now, because the GSMA announced that the Mobile World Congress 2011 will be held from 14th -17th February 2011 in sunny Barcelona.
About the Mobile World Congress:
The GSMA GSM Association Mobile. WorldCongress is the combination of the world’s largest exhibition for the mobile industry and a congress featuring prominent Chief Executives representing mobile operators, vendors and content owners from across the world. The event, initially named as GSM World Congress and later renamed as the 3GSM World Congress, is still often referred to as the GSM World Congress or simply the 3GSM.
For four days, this beautiful Mediterranean city will once again be the place for mobile leaders to gather, collaborate, conduct business and experience VISION IN ACTION.
Next year’s Mobile World Congress will include:
- A world-class thought leadership conference featuring visionary keynotes and action-provoking panel discussions
- An exhibition with more than 1,300 companies displaying the cutting-edge products and technology that will define the mobile future
- An even bigger App Planet, the new Centre of the Apps Universe
- An awards ceremony that highlights the most innovative mobile solutions and initiatives from around the world
- And most importantly, the planet’s best venue for mobile industry networking, finding business opportunities, and making deals
In 2010, Mobile World Congress hosted more than 49,000 mobile professionals from 192 countries. More than 54% of these were C-Level executives, and 9,000 of them represented mobile network operators from around the world. In addition, more than 2,300 members of the press reported from the event, representing more than 1,600 media groups from 82 countries.
The Mobile World Congress (short MWC) is the most important event for the mobile industry. However, over the last years the MWC lost more and more its importance as the companies are announcing their devices at their own events (i.e. Nokia World).