The enterprise/business smartphone, Nokia E72, just got an upgrade firmware to v051.018 which brings changes and improvements in different services and whole phone functionalities. Firmware v51 offers fixes of your office applications to enhanced social network apps. And from the previous software v31 to v51, the update is a big leap for S60v3 users in the range of Nokia E72.
You can update the phone’s fw through OTA (over-the-air), and NSU or Ovi Suite might followed these coming days. Although the E72 supports a User Data Preservation (UDP) it’s still recommended to back up all data before upgrading.
Here’s the changelog on the firmware update from blogs.forum.nokia:
Corrections or Changes :
- Browser upgrade into 7.2.6
- Freestyle Baseline 3.0 (latest version) update
- QuickOffice upgrade into 6.2.439
- New languages introduced, Office 2007 compatibility
- OVI Music client Inc9Br5 update
- Music 3.0: full album purchase, PIN less activation
- Lotus Notes Traveller 8.5.1 update
- Smart Connect 1.3.55 update
- OVI Store 1.6 update
- OVI Files widget 18.104.22.168 update
- New chat functionalities for the users
- Microsoft Office Communicator added to vanilla SW UDA content
- Nokia Messaging for Instant Messaging / Nokia Chat 2.0 added to vanilla SW UDA content
- Improved Email, Calendar and Contacts experience
- Performance improvements
- Stability and usability improvements
- Menu layout changes, among other things:
- Maps moved to Main menu from Applications – GPS folder
- Help moved from Main menu to Applications folder
- Main menu re-ordered
- SW update moved from Phone folder to main level of Control panel folder.
- Facebook, YouTube, MySpace, Bloomberg moved from Internet folder to Applications folder
- No changes to vanilla memory cards
- Altogether 450+ errors are fixed.