The enterprise section should be efficient and productive, and that’s why Nokia is rolling a firmware upgrade for Nokia E52 to make users connected and always ready-to-go. The compact business phone will get v051.018 from v034.001 / v033.02 by either NSU or through OTA (over-the-air). Although E52 supports User Data Preservation, it is still better to back-up any content before upgrading to v51.
Sadly, in my case, I currently have an E52-1 from UK which is also RM-469 but I do no see any updates yet. The same on europe.nokia.com software update checker which display v033.02 as the current firmware version available. Anyways, it’s good that you will know that the updates are rolling out.
So here’s the lists of improvements and updates from the changelog via a2phone:
*Note: These changes and updates may vary depending on your region.
- Windows Live removal
CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS:
- New chat functionalities for the users
- Microsoft Office Communicator added to vanilla SW UDA content
- Nokia Messaging for Instant Messaging / Nokia Chat 2.0 added to vanilla SW UDA
- Improved Email, Calendar and Contacts experience
- Performance improvements
- Stability and usability improvements
- No changes to vanilla memory cards
- HW Specific change:
- PR3.0 includes SW Support for Rapuyama 1.13 (previously Rapuyama 1.11 supported).
The phone main processor version is going to change. This component needs the software update because of component ID’s are determined in software.
- There are no electrical changes which can effect to RF performance or normal customer use.
- This HW change will be implemented for production during P2 period in 2011. Next
Maintenance release PR4.0 is going to be mandatory update.
- Altogether 450+ errors are fixed.
New Feature :
- Microsoft Office Communicator 1.7 integrated
- Nokia Messaging for Instant Messaging / Nokia Chat 2.0 integrated
- Bloomberg added