Since yesterday the new firmware v21.0.016 for the Nokia N95-1 “classic”, is officially available over the Nokia Software Updater. When I heard this news the first thing I thought was: I want this new firmware. Now! – so I downloaded it, re-installed all my applications and setted my N95 like I was used to it.
Today I was playing with my N95 and found some good improvements, but also some bugs. As I heard over at the Telefon-Treff forums, the new firmware works fine on the N95´s of some people but some, including me, say that the new firmware is very buggy.
Now I want to show you the good and the bad points I found out yet:
- Faster Menu
- Faster Sat-Fix
- Search!-Application starts faster
- The preview-pictures in the gallery are loading much faster
- switching to landscape-mode and back works better
- rotateMe! works better
- little bit better batterylife
- Flash support
- reports, that some applications won´t work any longer
- applications are crashing more often
- sometimes software doesn´t react
- navigation with the navi-key works sometimes only delayed
- reports, that w-lan won´t work properly any longer
- applications crashing on start-up
To show you one of the problems I have with my N95 since the update, I´ve made a little video of starting the Maps application:
As you can see it crashes everytime on start.
If you can´t live without watching flash videos online on your Multimedia Computer you should update. If you can live without this point you shouldn´t update.
If you´re lucky you have none of this problems, but some people like me are having this problems now till the next update, so it´s very annoying…