The most successful service of Nokia, Ovi Maps, got another update today to version 3.06. The update brings some big changes and improvements. You can find the lists below from BetaLabs, and it suggest on beta phase, though. Currently the update if for S60 5th edition devices only. So you can download it from BetaLabs and will come to your Software Updater in your phone soon for the next phase.
What’s different from the previous release (v3.04)?
We have made a few major improvements to Ovi Maps in this release. These include:
- Pinch to zoom interaction (Only available on Symbian^3 devices)
- Visually refreshed main menu and icons,
- New maps with public transport lines (as a new map layer) for subways, trams and trains in 80+ cities around the world. Just click the map toolbox icon and select Transit lines,
- Improved search experience – find places and addresses around you – or anywhere in the world – fast and easily. Browse places or enter a keyword in the search box. Now with suggestions and “did you mean?” functionality,
- New place pages with description, reviews, pictures and places nearby. Interact with places in a whole new way – you can check in, contact, navigate, save, rate, share, report or see place on the map,
- Share a place – send a place to your friends via SMS or Email. The SMS contains the address and a link to the place page with description, ratings, contact, URL and a mini map. The link opens up on the mobile browser (also on non-Nokia devices),
- Check in – keep your friends up-to-date with where you are and what you’re up to. Check in to places and share it with your friends on Facebook and many more social networks. See places you’ve been to in your check in history,
- New Drive assistance mode with live traffic flow – after clicking Drive, you’re instantly in drive assistance mode with live traffic flow and more. Once you start moving, get safety camera alerts and speed limit warnings,
- More folder with many rich content services relevant to your location. Personalise your Ovi Maps by selecting the services you’d like to keep on your main menu for instant access.
Live Traffic Flow demo below:
A great treat for fans that would be using their Ovi Maps on this coming Halloween. Maybe applicable in finding some spooky hunted places? No. I’m kidding.