Betalabs App: Nokia Situations senses your life and enables you to Customize and Schedule your Profiles, Themes
Nokia launched their new beta app, Nokia Situations, which offers the most flexible and efficient customizable profile and UI timer. The app senses your current life and adapts and enables the most preferred profiles that would fit your life. The other program that are similar to the app are the Nokia Bots and Nokia Feel.
The new application brings a lot of customizable settings for different occassions. You can set the time and date, location and connectivity options to the extent of what you like and when you want.
The tweaks includes:
- Change Ringtones, make the phone go silent or louder, turn vibra on/off, and all the other profile settings.
- Answer missed calls with SMS. Especially when you set your phone to silent, you can also make it reply to missed calls, from contacts in your phonebook, with a pre-defined SMS.
- Save Power. Not using phone for a while, like when sleeping? Turn Bluetooth on/off or let your phone change to power-saving mode totally.
- Change UI theme / Wallpaper. Want to make the phone look different in different situations? Change the Theme during free time vs. when you are at work.
- Open a Web bookmark or application. Want to see weather forecast for the day when you wake up? Look at the calendar as first thing? Or open your favorite TV show discussion page at show time? Or perhaps change the Device Mode when at work?
To enable the device to act on the situation, you can tell the device to watch for the following conditions (separately or in combination):
- Scheduled. Set period of time, Set active days, Set during active calendar events.
- Location. Nearby (GSM location), Current location (GPS fix), From Map (use Ovi maps)
- Connectivity. Wi-Fi (when in range), Bluetooth
Video demo of Nokia Situations on Nokia N8 presented by Roope Tassberg, Product Manager.
The app is compatible to S60v3 FP2, S60v5 and Symbian^3 devices. You can download the application in Nokia Betalabs provided you would need to sign-in in order to see the download link and options.